A corrupted printer driver can trigger communication error Epson issues.
1. Sometimes a wrong or bad configurations of the scanner could raise communication error for the scanner.
2. Epson scanner settings issues, network issues, and Administrator's permission related issues can lead your scanner into the error state.
3. Simply turn off your PC or laptop device.
4. Remove and disconnect all USB connections.
5. After waiting for 3-5 minutes.
6. Turn on your PC and connect it to the Epson printer using the USB cable.
7. Many times, this system reboot solves the “Epson printer communication error”.