closed How to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and first aid measures after poisoning

0 votes
asked Aug 17, 2022 in H&E by BindaJDRK (500 points)
closed Aug 17, 2022 by BindaJDRK

1. There should be wide publicity about the safety settings (such as chimneys, small ventilation windows, air hoppers, etc.) that should be in place when using coal fires indoors, explaining the possible symptoms of gas poisoning and general knowledge of first aid, with particular emphasis on the dangers and seriousness of gas to small babies. Chimneys of coal stoves should be reasonably installed, and those without chimneys should be placed outside at night.

2. Do not use obsolete water heaters, such as direct vent water heaters and flue type water heaters, both of which are expressly prohibited by the state from being produced and sold; do not use water heaters that are overdue for service; it is best to ask professionals to install water heaters, and not to install, remove or modify the burner yourself. Do not close the bathroom doors and windows when taking a shower in winter, and do not take too long to shower.

3. When driving, do not let the engine idle for a long time; when the car is parked, do not open the air conditioning unit for too long; even when driving, you should always open the windows, so that the air inside and outside the car convection. If you feel unwell, stop and rest; if you feel dizzy, heavy or weak, open the windows for fresh air.

4. Install carbon monoxide sensor in places where carbon monoxide may be produced. A carbon monoxide alarm is a device designed to detect the concentration of carbon monoxide in the air, which can alert the police in time when the concentration of carbon monoxide exceeds the standard, and some can also force open windows or exhaust fans to keep people away from carbon monoxide.

When someone is found to be poisoned by carbon monoxide, the rescuer must quickly follow the following procedures: as carbon monoxide is slightly lighter than air, it floats in the upper layers, so it is safer if the rescuer enters and evacuates the scene on his or her own. If the concentration of gas in the room is too high, ringing the doorbell or turning on the electric light can cause an explosion. If the source of the gas can be found and can be discharged quickly, it should be controlled at the same time, such as turning off the gas switch, but never delay in doing so, as saving lives is more important. Then quickly carry the poisoned person out of the room filled with carbon monoxide, transfer him/her to a ventilated and warm place to lie down, untie the collar and belt to facilitate breathing and smooth flow. Call an ambulance and be ready to take the person to a hospital with a hyperbaric chamber. While waiting for transport, turn the unconscious patient's head to the side to prevent asphyxiation from vomit. To help him/her wake up, pinch or pinch the person's middle point with a needle or fingernail. If the patient is still not breathing, start mouth-to-mouth respiration immediately. It is important to note that this type of artificial respiration is much less effective in patients with carbon monoxide poisoning than in the hospital hyperbaric chamber. Therefore, patients in deep coma should not be resuscitated in situ, but should be taken to hospital as soon as possible, but artificial respiration should never be stopped on the way to hospital to ensure oxygen supply to the brain and to prevent irreversible neurological necrosis caused by lack of oxygen.

closed with the note: REAPT
Welcome to Bioimagingcore Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
...