The bending radius of the cable and its influence on the cable
1. What is the bending radius of the cable?
Cables must be actively or passively subjected to bending during the manufacturing, transportation, and installation and construction processes. When the cable is bent, the degree of bending is directly related to the bending radius of the cable.
1. The bending radius of the cable: Normally, we regard the bent cable as an arc, and the radius of the circle where the arc is located is the bending radius of the cable in the bending state.
2. The minimum bending radius of the cable: Due to the cable material and structural characteristics, the cable has a certain limit to withstand bending. The cable bending radius under this limit is the minimum bending radius of the cable.
2. The influence of too small cable bending radius on the cable
1. The effect of bending on the conductor
The cable conductor is made up of multiple single-core wires twisted at a certain pitch. The number of single wires and the pitch of the conductor determine the stability of the conductor during bending. Excessive bending will cause the conductor to become loose and loose. The protrusion directly affects the performance of the semi-conductive layer and insulating layer of the outer conductor.
2. The influence of cable bending on insulation
When the cable is bent with a certain bending radius, the insulation at the bend will undergo tensile deformation. When the bending exceeds the allowable minimum bending radius, it may cause insulation damage.
3. The effect of bending on metal shielding
Usually medium voltage cables are shielded by copper tape. When the cable is bent too much, the metal tape will wrinkle or curl, which will easily lead to insulation damage.www.rfcable.com.cn/en