Follow the steps given below and run Verify and Rebuild Utility to diagnose and fix the error permanently:
1. Open QuickBooks, select the File menu, and choose Utilities.
2. Click Verify Data and wait till the tool diagnoses the company file.
3. If it finds some issue with the company file, you need to run Rebuild Data.
4. Select the File menu, choose Utilities and click Rebuild Data.
5. Select OK and follow the instructions given on the screen to finish the process.
For more troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks error 40001, call us on our toll-free number (+1 800-579-9430) and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may also read ;-
QuickBooks automatic backup not working
QuickBooks file doctor