It doesn't matter whether you're just starting out or have years of experience wearing wigs; knowing how to defrizz a wig is essential when it comes to proper wig care. Frizzy wigs are a source of frustration for many of us because they can appear unkempt, dull, and even unclean. When it comes to styling our wigs, we feel less confident and more uncomfortable as a result of this. You might not even want to put them on in the first place! In this blog post, we'll show you how to defrizz your wig in the most effective manner.
What causes human hair wigs to become frizzy?
Human hair wigs, in contrast to your own natural hair, do not benefit from the natural moisture and oils produced by your scalp and hair. It is as a result of this that human hair wigs can become dry, damaged, and frizzy over time.
How to defrizz a wig made of human hair:
To brush through your wig to remove knots and tangles, place it on a wig stand and section out the hair with a wig brush. Keep in mind to use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers in order to avoid further breakages.
2. Rinse your human hair wig thoroughly with cool or lukewarm water before washing it with a shampoo that is designed specifically for human hair wigs. Simply Wigs customers rave about the Crème Shampoo from Gisela Mayer, which has a delightfully fresh scent, and the Argan Smooth Luxury Shampoo from Jon Renau, which leaves hair feeling extra soft.
3. Ensure that you thoroughly rinse your shampoo to avoid product build-up. After that, condition your wig with a human hair wig-friendly conditioner before rinsing it again.
4. Place your wig on a wig stand to keep it in place. Then, in the palms of your hands, combine a small amount of the Jon Renau Argan Luxury Smooth Conditioner with a few sprays of the Jon Renau Argan Smooth Treatment Mist. Each of these products works in synergy to provide an intensely nourishing treatment for your wig. Lightly work the mixture into your wig, concentrating on the areas that are particularly frizzy and avoiding the crown.
5. Cover your wig with a shower cap to provide additional nourishment for your hair. The plastic shower cap will retain heat, which will aid in the conditioning treatment's ability to thoroughly moisturise your human hair wig.
As your wig is sitting under the shower cap, blow-dry it (on a low heat setting) with a hair dryer. It should only take a couple of minutes to complete this.
7, rinse out the product from your wig with cold water before gently squeezing to remove any remaining moisture.
8 - Place your human hair wig back on your wig stand so that it can dry naturally in the air. Allowing your wig to air dry is the most effective method of avoiding further damage and frizz. For those who need to style their wig quickly or who are in a hurry, heat tools set to a low temperature can be used instead of a blow dryer.
How to defrizz a synthetic wig is as follows:
1. Carefully comb through your synthetic wig with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to remove as many tangles and knots as possible. It is critical to be gentle in this area in order to avoid any breakages.
2. Place your wig in the sink or bathtub and run cold or lukewarm water through it to remove any remaining product. Make certain that the water is flowing in the direction of the hair in order to avoid creating additional tangles. If you have a curly wig, it is especially important to use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to style it. Combs and hairbrushes used on a regular basis can damage curls and cause even more frizz. If you have a curly wig, you should read our curly wig care guide for additional information.
3. Apply a synthetic wig-friendly shampoo to your wig and gently run your fingers through it in a downward motion. Afterwards, thoroughly rinse out the shampoo to prevent build-up and further damage.
4. Repeat step three with a synthetic wig-friendly conditioner, working it through the hair with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to ensure even distribution. causing more tangles to formWe particularly like the Jon Renau Wig Shampoo and the Ellen Wille Synthetic Shampoo, both of which are synthetic wig-friendly.
When you've finished rinsing your wig completely, pat it dry with a towel to remove any remaining product. In case you're concerned about your synthetic wig appearing excessively shiny, our guide to removing synthetic wig shine will assist you in resolving the issue in record time.
Put your synthetic wig on a wig stand to allow it to dry naturally. Use a low-temperature blow dryer to dry and smooth your wig if it is made of synthetic fibers that can withstand heat exposure.
There you have it: our best advice on how to defrizz a wig in the most effective and efficient manner. It is critical that you take good care of your wig and keep it in good condition if you want to feel confident and look fabulous in it for as long as you possibly can.